Is it just me or are the 'B' and 'N' movement keys switched?
Spellforger 1: Entry Exam
A downloadable game
An complete entry for the 7DRL Challenge 2019.
Find and combine runes to forge spells and pass the entry exam to an exclusive mage academy.
- Movement with the numpad, arrow keys, or vi keys ("l", "k", "j", "h", "y", "u", "b", "n"). Bump into monsters to attack them.
- Numpad-5 or period will wait for a turn.
- Press "w" then a direction to enter walk mode, which will keep moving you in that direction until you press another key. w-5 will wait in one spot for 100 turns.
- Press "o" to open a door (or just bump into it).
- Press "c" to close an opened door (you will need to pick a direction if there is more than one opened door next to you).
- Press "z" to cast a spell
- Choose a spell from the menu.
- If necessary, enter a direction with the movement keys or move to select a target location and press Enter to select it. Tab will jump to the nearest monster in LOS (last-minute addition).
- Press "f" to forge a new spell, or modify an existing one.
- Again, follow the menus.
- When typing the name, press Enter to confirm.
- Press Alt+Enter to enter/exit fullscreen.
- Press Escape to quit, then accept at the prompt. Escape also closes most menus - if not, a selection is required and there is no going back.
- Bump into the stairs to go down a level, complete three levels to win!
- Try to get a higher score, you get different messages depending on how well you do.
This requires the .NET Framework 4.7, which most Windows computers should have already.
- Small Bugfix ReleasedFeb 29, 2020
- Final Updates Pre 7DRLFeb 28, 2020
- Player/Creature NamesJul 18, 2019
- Third BugfixMar 22, 2019
- 7DRL PostmortemMar 16, 2019
- Bugfixes and Help ScreenMar 16, 2019
- Second BugfixMar 15, 2019
- First bugfixMar 10, 2019